Tuesday 18 December 2012

Boot Camp Analysis

Days: 2.5
Hours of exercise: 15
Hours of rain: 7.5 (approx)
Calories burned: 4300
Calories consumed: not enough
Pairs of running shoes used: 3
Items of gym kit muddied: all
Bruises incurred: still counting
Fingernails torn: 1
Toenails blackened: 1
Illegal fox hunts interrupted: 1
Insults regarding running gloves from fox hunters on horses: 1
Personal trainers: 4
Paratroopers: 1
Victims: 15


An indicative summary.  It was WAY harder than I was expecting.  The below picture, taken from Meg and my room, is highly misleading as it presents a picture of idyllic, sunny, Cotswolds fields. In reality, the majority of the time was spent running up and down that evil hill (with or without 60kg tractor tyres) in the mud and pouring rain.


On the plus side, Meg and I were in the top 4 or 5 out of the 15 participants in terms of ability, and they did really push us.  Apparently my "three step run then drop to the floor" technique is second-to-none.  We did loads and loads of intervals and circuits, and more push-ups and squats than I care to remember.

After the 3 hour drive back to London on Sunday night I was hobbling like an old granny, but a hot bath, a very painful massage yesterday, and a session on the elliptical this morning seem to have pretty much sorted me out. As to how I will go with a normal run tomorrow, we will see...!

Training report
Friday - Sunday 14th - 16th December
So much I can't even remember: circuits, intervals, hiking, running, hills, aerobics, Pilates, Tabata, Insanity, the cha cha, a mini-Olympics, boxing, core sessions, tug of wars...

Tuesday 18th December
30 mins at the gym - just on the elliptical quite slow, to make sure I didn't get any stiffer

Coming up next
Wednesday 19th December
Run home from work

Thursday 20th December
Run into work

Friday 21st December
Gym session

Saturday 22nd December
Long run

No comments:

Post a Comment