Sunday 4 November 2012

Fireworks

It's Guy Fawkes night tomorrow, so there's been fireworks going off everywhere all weekend. I managed to finish my run home from work on Friday just as the local cricket club's annual display started, incredible fireworks with loads of people braving the cold to watch them, so that was a good finish to the run. And a good start to the weekend!

I could really feel my calves tightening up having only had one rest day so far during the week, so tried to stretch more than usual. I really need to get that into my routine as I hardly ever do any stretching.  I think that's why my bottom left calf was sore on my longer run on Saturday - it was really painful afterwards but seems fine today.

My hands were freezing again on Saturday morning so have just bought some gloves online! Much needed I think.  Also saw Saucony is releasing a new version of my shoes so hopefully can get a good bargain on the old model Triumph 9 soon.


Training Report
Friday 2nd Nov
Ran home from work, pretty easy run but very dark! Was treated to a brilliant fireworks display for Guy Fawkes night at the local cricket club, perfect timing to run past for that!

Saturday 3rd Nov
Missed Pilates...oops...but managed a multitasking 13k with stops at the post office and the jeweller.  7 degrees and sunny, but really really windy!!  Run was a bit tough toward the last 3 or 4k, due to the sore calf

Coming up next
Monday 5th Nov
8km run home from work

Tuesday 6th Nov
Cross training at the gym...not sure what yet?
1 hour Pilates class

1 comment:

  1. Fizz
    Hasten slowly, rest and training is crucial, build slowly - injury time is dead time. Go well
    Dad

    ReplyDelete