Thursday 8 November 2012

Aurora Borealis

I have my fingers crossed that the weather will be ideal for Aurora Borealis sightings, as we're off to Iceland tonight!  The Northern Lights, the Blue Lagoon, volcanos, geysers, glaciers.  Not many chances for running I don't think but maybe we can squeeze in some sort of glacial hike!

The weather has improved a bit here, about 10 degrees, so no preparation for the -6 degrees we're anticipating this weekend.  On the plus side, running has been a bit easier.  Collected my very attractive fluro yellow running gloves this morning (wiggle.com, thanks for the tip Dad!) so I'm prepped for snow!

Have been admiring the lovely autumn leaves these last few weeks, not many left now and it will be my 8th and final Northern Hemisphere autumn.  I'll miss the gorgeous Commons on those freezing sunny autumn days with red and yellow leaves everywhere, even if the conkers do give high odds for breaking an ankle when out for a run.

Took it a bit easier on the running this week with some cross training at the gym and my calf is fine. Just tight legs in general, now.

Training report
Monday 5th Nov
8.5km run home from work - took it easy, but took a different route from usual which wasn't the best. Too many slow commuters to dodge on the footpaths!!!

Wed 7th Nov
Gym session - 15 min elliptical, 15 min bike, 10 min ergo and 5 min stepping.  Pretty boring but caught up on the results of the US election on the TVs.  Thank god Obama won.

Thurs 8th Nov
7.5km run around Tooting Common, multitasking again with another stop off at the Post Office to collect my gloves and some electrolyte drink tablets ie make your own Powerade! Felt a bit foolish doing the last 2k with a giant box under my arm but thought of it as some kind of weird weight training.

Coming up next
Iceland!!
Back on Monday 12th so guess I'll be back into it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment