Wednesday 6 March 2013

T minus 46 days and counting

And I definitely am counting.
Five weekend long-distance runs to go. Total 27 training sessions to go. About £700 of fundraising to go.

Although my legs are generally tired, sore and aching, I haven't had any real problems and a session at the Osteopath on the weekend loosened me up a bit.  Three more sessions with him prior to the race will hopefully be enough to keep them going until 21st April.

The long runs on the weekend have been ok, boring, long, draining, but not too hard.  I've found the recovery runs on the Monday or Tuesday after, MUCH harder, even though they're really short.  Struggling to push myself to do the mid-week interval sessions and have only been doing about half of them as intervals, the rest I have just been running at a steady pace as I'm trying to listen to my body and not get injured.

Training report
Tuesday 26th Feb
8.2km recovery run home. Horrible and took me 55 minutes!! Enough said.

Wednesday 27th Feb
16km run into work. Was meant to be fartlek but I just ran a steady pace.  My poor legs.  A horrible sort of foggy rain or "fairy's piss" as Prainy so eloquently puts it.

Thursday 28th Feb
45min treadmill hills.  On level 7 at 10km/hr, was hard work but short and sharp so I didn't mind it.  Osteo said hills may aggravate my hip so trying to keep my technique spot on while doing these sessions.

Saturday 2nd March
25km long run around Tooting, Clapham and Wandsworth Commons (twice).  Quite a nice morning, not too chilly and a bit of sun!  Maximised my time on grass to take some pressure off my legs. Sadly my iPod died 15 mins into the run so it was quite a boring remaining 2 hours 15 minutes.  Wore my stylish new water bottle belt which actually worked really well. Had a bit of a dizzy/shaky episode when I finished but it was immediately solved by some lollies so I think I need more than one gel on runs longer than 2 hours.

Monday 4th March
6.5km recovery run home. Even worse than last week! Took me about 45 minutes and I had to walk every now and then. Really bad.

Wednesday 6th March
10km intervals to work.  Actually managed to do 30 mins of intervals and felt quite good once I'd warmed up.  The weather is much warmer this week, about 6 degrees this morning, and it really makes a difference to how I feel running.

Coming up next
Thursday 7th March
45 min treadmill hills

Friday 8th March
6.5km steady

Saturday 9th March
27km - eek!
then only 3 weeks of full training to go before things start to ease off...


No comments:

Post a Comment